Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Introduction

My name is Yvonne Ashenfelter. I was born and raised in White Mountain (located on the Seward Peninsula). I graduated from Mt. Edgecumbe High School in 2003; and since then I've lived in Anchorage and have been attending UAA. I currently work for Norton Sound Economic Development Corporation (NSEDC). The company is one of six Community Development Quota groups in western Alaska. We provide economic development to our member communities fro with the money earned from Bering Sea fishing royalties.
I have an AA in General Studies (I am one of those students that couldn't decide what to pursue in college and changed my major a few times). I am currently working on a certificate in Office Digital Media. And that's why I'm taking this class - I think this class will familiarize myself more with design and web site development. Eventually, I'd like to use the things I learn in this class and the certificate to design my company's web site, newsletters, annual report, etc.
I enjoy traveling (just returned from a Hawaii vacation), taking pictures, the outdoors, spending time with family at our summer fish camp, picking berries, sewing, baking, my TV shows (Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Private Practice, Brothers and Sisters, and the list can go on), and anything that I have to use my creative mind to create.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the class. So far everything looks like it is going well. Be sure to contact me if you need assistance using one of the means listed on the help pages in the class site. That's why I'm here... otherwise you could just buy a book and learn this stuff on your own.

    And be sure to let me know how I can make the class meet your needs as much as possible!

    We have a few things in common: I changed my major about a dozen times, enjoy baking and using the creative part of my brain. Feel free to share a recipe or two as part of your regular class blogging!

    ReplyDelete